Uni Project. Help and ideas needed please!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I have a superb idea, why not do away with the drill altogether, have a small hand held gadget, with rechargeable batteries, and an \lcd screen, and equipped wih a laser cutter/hole maker, then just enter the size of the hole, depth, and place the gadget on the spoit, fire away, and a perfect hole drilled, no bits to go blunt, no drilling noise, no swarf, no debri, as the laser just vapourise the material, so let us see the 22nd century drilling macine, oh! better still have it implemented in your ipod or latest mobile phone as we are now packing more & more into a tiny hand held device!

Mikefromlondon said:
a small hand held gadget, with rechargeable batteries, and an \lcd screen, and equipped wih a laser cutter/hole maker

That sounds like a laserbore. :cool: :cool: :cool: Great idea, but you wouldn't want to use one on hazardous materials. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Have you ever noticed how much time you spend making sure a drill is vertical (if drilling downwards) or level (if drilling a wall). :mad: :mad: :mad: In the distant past I think you could get a little bubble attachment to help with this but technology has moved on now and even phones have levels built into them. (Is that so that their inept users know which way up to hold them? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

What I'm thinking is that you put one of these level detectors into the drill. It works out whether you're trying to hold the thing vertical or horizontal then beeps at you until you get it right. :idea: :idea: :idea:

I think I once had a ryobi cordless that had a level on the top and on the hilt for these purposes, couldnt read then once the drill was hammering into a wall or floor and were about as accurate as licking your finger and poking it into the air!!

Sponsored Links
I think you can go overboard packing all these unnecessary gadgets into a drill increasing the cost and weight. Granted the LED lights are very helpful though. Whats next? a drill that connects to the internet and allows you to veiw Youtube videos when you're screwing a floor down? You'd spend all day trying to get the damn thing to stop buffering.

I want the money spent on the battery technology eg/ smaller lighter and longer lasting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back