Unidentified pipes/Pumped Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I live in a flat on the fifth floor of an ex-council block where someone has installed a combi boiler when the water pressure and flow rate were probably adequate. They're not now!

I have a utility cupboard with a couple of capped off pipes where a storage heater probably lived. I was just wondering what the two pipes might be for. I'm guessing one is from a roof tank as there is one capped and then five pipes running down to the lower flats.

Any ideas on what these two pipes are for?

I'm wondering if that pipe is from a roof tank, could I put a pump on it into my combi to get a decent shower?

Many thanks for any help given.

Sponsored Links
It could of been where a hot water cylinder was, i cant tell from the picture but does there look like there is enough room for a cylinder & is there another capped pipe lower down from the 1 in the pic, the cylinder would of been removed when the combi was fitted

Do you know if the flats used to have communal heating??? could be the old primarys of a fortic / elson tank,

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot for the replies.

I'm not sure if the flats used to have communal heating but there is evidence of an electric circuit in the cupboard and there were pipes running from the cupboard around the ceiling to feed the bathroom so I presume it was some kind of hot water storage heater.

I'm wondering now if the smaller of the pipes is the cold water venting pipe that goes up to a cold water tank and the large is the cold water feed pipe?

I would like to put a hot water cylinder back in just to feed the bathroom with a pump and I'm wondering if I can use a vented setup using the ceiling tank as the cold water tank...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back