Unidentified Swimming Insect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found this insecty looking thing hiding in one of the plants in my small (quarantine) tropical fish tank, anyone got any ideas to what it is? I have put it back in the tank for now as there are now no fish in it.
dsc00017li2.jpg

Sorry the image is not brilliant, it has six legs and 3 prongs on the end of its tail.

Sponsored Links
Its no bigger than 3/4" atm, damsefly nymph I'll have to look it up. Cheers

lge_da-ny_line.gif

10/10 notb

I feel all queezy now!!!

Sponsored Links
Looks like a damselfly nymph
Agreed, have you fed live worm recently ? often you get such creatures in the bags of worm.
What fish do you keep ? (out of interest, nothing to do with the nymph.

It is in the tank which I use to quarrantine ill fish or new fish before introducing them into my community tank, its full of snails as well now!!
I don't really bother using worm etc, I just use flakes, I tend to have plenty of green plants.
I have allsorts in there really, from danios, harlequins, catfish, barbs, clown loaches and a red tail black shark. Just mainly the small fish though.

This damsel nymph will probably be perched on the settee tomorrow as a handsome damselfly.

gasmarkone said:
This damsel nymph will probably be perched on the settee tomorrow as a handsome damselfly.

Doubt it, looks very young to me and they generally take 3 or so years to mature. Nice find though. Good job not a Dragonfly nymph as these readily eat small fish LOL. They grow quite big too. I don't think damsels are quite as visious though!
Are you going to save it from being fish food?

I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet!! I only found it by chance whilst pulling some plants out, it was pretty well hidden, nearly did end up in the other tank. I don't think it would stand a chance in there, clown loaches and all. Shark never bothered it whilst it was tank sharing for a few weeks.

Sponsored Links
Back