Union Key Blanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, in-laws just moved into an apartment block and only been given one set of keys (which already makes me nervous based on previous track record) but when taking them to my normal key cutter I was told they couldnt do them and if they had to order blanks then it could be £30 each. Now I have no reason to doubt what they say as they are normally golden but this seems a bit strange.

I have looked online and see Union blanks between £4 and £13. The two keys we are in possession of have a number stamped on each eye which I presume is the blank number but I cannot relate that number to a blank I have found online. Are these blanks protected that they have to be ordered special?

I have dealt with secure installation sites (data centres, secure storage etc) where keys are very specific and cannot be copied or duplicated easily but these are for a regular residential apartment

TIA

Sponsored Links
What is the number?

Show us a pic of the ring end, and/or the bitted end from above (it's best not to show the actual teeth, as it's possible, but most unlikely, that a nefarious person could decode the key and burgle you).

There are a couple of registered key systems that notionally are not sold to the public, and some other quite rare keys. I have examples and it is fairly difficult to get them copied. There are also some other brands that were bought up by Union and are still made.

A photo of the fore-end of the lock (where it is visible on the edge of he door) will also help me identify it. If it is a rim or cylinder lock, photograph the keyhole and the lock body.

The keys have 45 and 57 stamped on them. I may be around there later this evening so will get some photos. Thanks

Sponsored Links
P.s.

There may be identifying names, types or numbers stamped on the fore-end

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back