Unkind plumber.

As said previously by 112

his name came up several times in the CC a good while back

Sponsored Links
He did buy an house and a car.
Most people who run charities have a house and a car.

As I said, I don’t think it was intended….it would’ve been a very elaborate con and he had no idea it would’ve attracted such large donations

Most people who run charities have a house and a car.

As I said, I don’t think it was intended….it would’ve been a very elaborate con and he had no idea it would’ve attracted such large donations
The house he did rent out.

So you think with good intentions he did good by people the thought that the donations were a reward for being a good human being..

Just a question, I'm not looking for an argument.

Sponsored Links
I priced a bathroom for a lady on Wednesday.

She said she had some builders in who wanted 80% up front.

Once the job was complete she wasn't happy with the finish. But they where.

She paid them up because she felt intimidated by them. They would come round when they knew her husband would be at work just to put the wind up her.

Takes one to know one.

I think he’s on panorama tonight.

I suppose if he did start with good intentions and kindness, he most probably believed that the money raised was a genuine reward for his goodness.

It sound a bit like Captain Tom who's family profited from his walks.

Some charities are legit others are fraudulent.
Biggest offenders are the so called charitable foundations.
Blair had one, if you are earning big money its a good way to avoid tax.
Politicians, sports people are all at it, ithink Wayne Rooney had one.
The JNF has an A to Z list of British politicians as patrons.

Bear in mind it's not a charity, it's a Community Interest Company (CIC) and there are differences.

The Charity Commission has confirmed to the BBC it refused three applications from Depher CIC to become a charity. The first, in 2020, was rejected for being incomplete. In 2022 and 2023, the Commission concluded that the “organisation was not charitable”.

I priced a bathroom for a lady on Wednesday.

She said she had some builders in who wanted 80% up front.

Once the job was complete she wasn't happy with the finish. But they where.

She paid them up because she felt intimidated by them. They would come round when they knew her husband would be at work just to put the wind up her.
These people are one thing and one thing only.

Scum.

It would be oh so sweet if they came round to collect to be met by her two nephews, one 6'7" the other 6'5", 40 stone the pair.

Get fed up telling people do not hand any money over till at least Mats on site every tradesman should have a trade account so they dont need money up front to buy stuff .
Have never took a penny till job complete not everyones way of working but it worked for me

Get fed up telling people do not hand any money over till at least Mats on site every tradesman should have a trade account so they dont need money up front to buy stuff .
Have never took a penny till job complete not everyones way of working but it worked for me
Unfortunately (fortunately for the scum) there are a lot of vulnerable people out there and/or no family or friends to assist them and/or simply those who find it very difficult to say 'no' or to stand up to people.

I 100% get what you're saying and don't disagree, however it's not as straightforward as that for some.

Sponsored Links
Back