Unpainted Window Putty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I may have committed a cardinal sin and undone all my hard work! With peoples advice and guidance on here i managed to re-glaze and re-hang 5 sash windows in the spring of this Year 2012.
Now i may have been foolish but i'll use it as a learning curve i painted my first window inc putty after the 28days guidance. After several weeks i noticed discoloration and that it would peel off in large long lengths, very elastic but would tear leaving the paint on the middle strut of the window so it was obvious it was the paint that had not taken to the putty.
A bit deflated i decided to leave the rest until next year, as i had other projects that needed my attention (extension and knock through) so would leave till better weather.
Now we've had a few frosts and i was just wondering will my putty survive until the spring or is it now redundant been exposed to the elements for so long (year-ish) and will need to be re-puttied?

Sponsored Links
It'll be fine. It's made of pumice powder and linseed oil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back