unvented cylinder - basement

Ufh loops and dangling cables by others. 25 heating zones... Evo no worky due to metal studs and tin floor tray prior to screeding the basement roof ..... Big ass basement. You might see the sump manhole just under the cardboard on the floor.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Can't find the ACV where did with a 140kw Atag to heat it..... That was in an undercroft.... Going back next week for final commissioning now the controls company has finished writing the home automation app for the house.

I pity the poor plumber when he turns up tomorrow morning and the OP presents him with a spade and says "Get Digging"...

The Fabdec has a T&P one third the way down the cylinder, so for a basement application wasn't the best choice, unfortunately.

The PumpHouse unit isn't a favourite of mine, because it will lay dormant for years, only to rely on the float switch to work when you need it. Far better to rely on gravity. Also, there doesn't appear to be any G3 criteria to test the pump with.

Sponsored Links
Here you go.

Bottom picture is the battery backup control for the sump pumps (black and white boxes next to the 200 litre expansion vessel). Flow and returns from boiler are 35mm course.
20150507_151518.jpg
20150507_151524.jpg

Blue box next to the cylinder is for the booster set pushing some 80 litres a minute into the house at 4 bar on 42mm risers.

Last edited:
Also, there doesn't appear to be any G3 criteria to test the pump with.

Bet there is... The pump house has a secondary alarm circuit which can be used to run a safety solenoid on the incoming main... Not sure if that might cause a cylinder collapse though in a full bore, over heat discharge situation though.

24Cast (39).jpg
this 300 twin coil was in a 2500 foot basement. Got jiggy with the pipe benders and managed to get diagonally through the wall into the light well just on the nose of the required fall.

Not bad as normally my pipe bending is crap :D

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back