unvented systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How does one go about getting an unvented water system installed - is it expensive - can I have it in my flat, even if the mains supply also supplies another flat above. I'm trying to eliminate the need for tanks and free up some space in my bathroom. Presumable I would still need a hot water tank (small one) for washing etc, but I intend to have an electric shower heating its own water. Any advice/comments welcome. thanx. :?:

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber or heating engineer but a combination boiler is un- vented, has no hot water tank.(it heats the water on demand but as it invloves gas i suggest you get a plumber / heating engineer (corgi regestered) to do it for you

An unvented system will basically mean you can get rid of your main storage tank.You'll still need a feed and expansion for your heating though.The unvented system will just mean less pipework and better water pressure at the draw off points.It does need an installer qualified in unvented sealed systems and regular services particularly in a hard water area as if your valves and pipes fill with scale you could end up with a bomb on your hands!.
The bonus is you'll be able to use nice cheap foreign fitings like taps.
Would a fortic cylinder help if you want a bit more space?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back