Unwanted power cable running down my wall

electric centre sell a coffin box, its a 60A joint box!

turn power off, cut cable and fit coffin box, buy some 10mm T+E and re route your cable.

Simples

Sponsored Links
electric centre sell a coffin box, its a 60A joint box!

turn power off, cut cable and fit coffin box, buy some 10mm T+E and re route your cable.

Simples

Sorry but can you say that again in layman's terms, sadly all my projects have to be done without the use of professional help, please give me as much help as you can to understand your comment

thanks

He said you can buy a junction box, basically. I'd go with the other advice you've already been given by several people and pop it in some decorative trunking in the corner, you can buy some quite attractive ones. If you can't stand trunking however decorative, you'd have to chase it into the wall, cap and plaster back over.

Sponsored Links
If it were me then to save the hassle of chasing it and the associated dust and faff with plastering etc I'd put in some of the nice corner profile D-line trunking (http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Trunking_Pvc_Index/Dline_White_Index/Dline_22_22_White/index.html) - put in tight against the two walls and then painted the same as them it'll just turn what was a right angle corner in to a curve and be barely noticeable...

If it were me, I'd chase in it, and probably use metal capping to reduce the chance of someone drilling it. Trunking is alright, but I would always see it. Clearly chasing in it and plastering is not a problem as the op would not have suggested it.

The alternative is to find a new route for the cable, perhaps through an airing cupboard for example. Obviously this would involve lifting floorboards, doing electrical connections probably extending the cable.

Now is the time to do any chasing, before you decorate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back