upstairs bathroom drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i want to split a big bedroom into 2, makin a bathroom and smaller bedroom... problem is, i have single storey kitchen extension across back of house and downstairs loo/shower room is next to it, so soil vent is on back of single storey !, now is it viable to cut vent pipe and put on a bend, go up slope of roof (its 10 deg), to house wall then bend again to go up to above main roof level with pipe, thus allowing me to branch upstairs loo into it .... just not sure about runnin 4" soil pipe up extension roof ?... anyone any idea`s... thanks

Sponsored Links
Been done before, not the prettiest of arrangements but serves a purpose! Cant see it being an issue, although you may struggle to get the right angle up the roof using rigid bends. Adjustable bend either end may be an answer and I would try and clip it to some type of support across the roof.

thanks for that hugh, to be honest iv never seen it done, iv been in building 40yrs and seen some pipework but never like this, was just seeing wat others thought about it as i could go with saniflo, but not sure i like em much... and as for fixing, if you can imagine a s/s kitchen extension half way across back of terraced house and joined to it a conservatory other half across, but about 8" lower, same pitch, this gives me chance to run pipe down bracketed to kit wall, so i dont think it wud look really obsurd... and it is at back of house only viewable from back lane, of course i would need to branch for bathroom im puttin in, and go vertical about 3` from branch inthru wall.

Sponsored Links
Fix it to the wall, sorted! Given the choice of looking at that and fitting a Saniflo I know what i'd be doing..... Maybe not textbook design but it'll do the job and at least a 4" pipe can cope with most of what gets put down a loo..... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back