upstairs rads hot, downstairs cold

Gra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks! could anyone help me please,upstairs rads seem to get hot but downstairs dont.Ive bled the rads but doesnt seem to have made any difference so drained one of the cold cownstairs rads to see if it was blocked,water wasnt too sh*tty,so filled it agail&bled it but all rads are now cold but odd one has a warm,not hot,spot. im suspecting the pump may need bleeding but cant find how to bleed it. Everything i find says there is a bleed screw in the centre,but in the centre of this pump is a black plastic cap which ive undone to its max but nothing is comming out,no water or air.The pump is a MYSOM COMPACT CP53.
All help greatly recieved
many thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
Woken up to new problem today,the central heating system keeps tripping out on the main fusebox when switched on!
heeeeeeeeelp!
to make things worse my parents are staying with me at the moment!
Thanks
Graham

bleed / check pump

undo black plastic nut on front pull out and turn ( it wont come off )

you will get some water out so have a cloth handy

if it wont turn

sounds like its gone to pump heaven :cry:

Hey thanx for your quick reply kevplumb!
ive unscrewed the black plastic centre screw and pulled it out,but there is no water comming out,does this mean the pumps caput or is there another way of getting the water to come out of the bleed screw? Iv checked the expansion tank&topped it up .
Regards
Graham

Sponsored Links
Thanx bengasman,think im goin to find myself a new pump&fit that first and take it from there. Only suppliers i can find dealing with the myson cp53 which is whats fitted now,are all online but i want to go&collect one and fit it today.I will probably have to fit something else with similar fittings.Thanx again,Graham

measure the pump, most come in a couple of standard sizes so you may be able to get a Grundfos or other common make.

have a look at the pump valves, if they are jammed or leaky, buy a new pair of brass Gate Valves which are very dependable.

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!
:D
Success! fitted new pump&valves and now have a toasty warm house again.thanx for all your advice and guidance folks,youve all been a great help.
regards
Graham.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back