upstairs shower off combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i've got a bathroom down stairs next to the kitchen in a 2 bedroom house running off a combi boiler. i am installing an upstairs bathroom and wondered what the upstairs pressure for the shower would be like, and if no good what would be best option for a good shower.

Sponsored Links
Combi boilers are generally suitable for showers as they have the required pressure.

so i could have a mixer tap upstairs and in the down stairs bathroom and pressure will be good. whats happens if you have both showers on at same time or someone turns a tap on? would it be better to have a elec shower insted?

Well in my house we have a combi and get reasonably good flow throughout. Shower pressure is good but drops a little if somebody else runs a hot tap...

Sponsored Links
Unless you have one of the newest and biggest combis out, none of them are designed to supply more than one hot outlet at a time efficiently.

I removed my old electric shower when i gutted my upstairs shower room last year and fitted one that is fed by my combi boiler. It works a treat, in fact it is miles better than the lecky shower and probably cheaper to run too.

You do have to warn people not to run a hot tap anywhere else in the house, especially the bath , whilst somebody is having a shower as the person in the shower gets a nasty cold shock.

As long as your water pressure is OK it should work just fine, I bought a water pressure guage from a local DIY shop, just to get i was getting at least the minimum amount of pressure as per the shower instructions. It comes in handy to test for other stuff too like washing machine feeds, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back