upvc bay window.......what do I look for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im wanting to replace my lounge window with a bay window in upvc. Its around 8ft wide by 4ft drop. Could anyone give me an idea what specifications I should be looking for when I get quotes? also a rough idea of cost if possible.........thanks

Sponsored Links
Avoid frame sections that end up about 1 foot thick when the [standard]casements are joined up. IIRC, there are some slimmer sections which can be used to form narrower mullions (ie the vertical frame sections)

Sponsored Links
I dont think you can get away from wide 'joints' when the angle of the window changes, we have to get a screw jack in there and the windows cant be cut down ala wood at the back.

Internally glazed, fully welded, bay re-inforcement rule (fully re-inforced) agon filled, swiss spacer, soft coat low E, self clean, safety glass, shootbolt locking, dog bolts.. the list could go..

Costs as per other post..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back