UPVC Door and Frame set offers

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

I want to replace my old wooden back door with a snazzy new one. There are several local companies offering a UPVC door and frame for £395 inc. fitting. These have multipoint locking which the companies claim to be high-security.

But I have also read another door company's ad which states that these doors are not very burglar-proof and can easily be kicked in. Security is a major consideration as I have already suffered one burglary.

What are your opinions on this please door people? And what do you think of "Rock Doors"?

My budget will be £500, to include the door, frame and fitting. Ta.

Sponsored Links
For the last 12 years ive worked for 2 companies that repaired burglary damaged frames, in that time i think i only ever saw one burglar proof door, COLDSEAL! shame the customer service and the company were Cr4p.

Composite doors are so much better pvc and if you dont want a timber door then its the only choice

to be honest you would normally be looking at £500-600 fitted. We fitted a internally glazed upvc door , police turned up to do a drugs raid a few weeks later, booted the door panel and it pushed all the beads off and the panel fell in. composite doors are better but dearer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back