UPVC Door flip swing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I gather that the modern convention is to have external doors open inwards, however I wish to flip the swing of our kitchen door so it opens outwards (giving more space in the kitchen).

It's a UPVC door with adjoining window, probably over 10 years old, and branded Staybrite. It's still in good working order, not stiff or anything, and locks & latches fine.

Is this likely to be a simple task of removing some architrave and re-locating some hinges, or am I more likely going to need to buy and fit a whole new door? Anyone tried this kind of thing before?

Sponsored Links
Yes you could do it but there are different kinds of doors, you may have to fit a drip bar at the bottom of the now outside door to prevent water running down the door and through the rubber where it presses against the bottom rail. Is it sitting on a cill?

Don't forget if its internally beaded at present it will be a 10 second job to get in your house if the door is reversed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back