uPVC door - slamming!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an external uPVC door that opens outwards full 180 degrees. Unfortunately, in windy conditions the door can slam very very hard, nearly taking the frame/hinges out!

At the moment, I have bricks stacked behind as door stop...is there anything I put on it to dampen it? I was thinking of bolting some kind of post (with rubber protection) into the ground to act as a stop (although the door will bash into this then!)

Any suggestions please....?

Thanks, Ash

Sponsored Links
Are you looking to keep the door open?

If you dont want to screw into the door, fix a hook to the wall, get a piece of chain/string, make a loop & hook it over the door handle (this will be the handle that is inside when the door is shut..

Are you looking to keep the door open?

If you dont want to screw into the door, fix a hook to the wall, get a piece of chain/string, make a loop & hook it over the door handle (this will be the handle that is inside when the door is shut..

No I don't want to keep it open...I just want to protect it from slamming when I open it...its my front door to the house..

Sponsored Links
Sorry...slamming it open when I open it and let go off it...I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow..

My front door also slams shut when the back door is open creating a wind tunnel effect, but my problem is that the door latch does not "catch" in the frame. The handle does feel quiet floppy with no resistance.

Do I need a new lock?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back