Upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I did an extension a few years ago and one side of the extension was originally the garden but is now merged into one. I have a UPVC Door and that is causing some coldness on that side of the room. I have got door strips for my wooden doors and it has slightly helped. What could I get for my UPVC door so it stops cold from coming in? It is properly sealed around the frame with silicone. Do I get draft excluders? If so how are they installed?

Sponsored Links
You don't get draught excluders for pvc doors they have rubber gaskets which are sufficient if the door is adjusted properly, what makes you believe you have a draught

You can just add an extra seal by running some stick on foam tape around the door lip. Our window leaked air and that sorted it.

You can just add an extra seal by running some stick on foam tape around the door lip. Our window leaked air and that sorted it.
Can you expand on this please? What is the exact name and will I find it on Amazon/Ebay? What do you mean by around the door lip?

Sponsored Links
https://www.screwfix.com/p/stormguard-extra-thick-weatherstrip-white-3-5m-2-pack/23512

includes a picture of what to do.

The door lip is the point at which the edge of the door catches the frame.

You can use rubber d section ie it looks like the letter D when viewed end on for bigger gaps

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d-rubber-seal/s?k=d+rubber+seal

or smaller struf to run round the internal doors, ww use some 2mm round the all the door jams ( bit of wood that the door buts up against when closed, 1 to seal draughts but also to stop doors banging. They sure knew how to chuck up houses in the 50's...

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back