UPVC Double Glazing Windows pin stays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have DG UPVC windows which seem to have been fitted in a hurry - problem seems to be that some of the frames have been put in and they are very slightly warped causing the seal to not completely make at places. The closing mechanism is a pin which pulls accross and marries into a stay (not sure on correct terminology) pulling the window tight to the frame.

If I had slightly wider stays it would pull the window in as desired, they were originally fitted with the slimmer side out and after flipping them the problem is slightly better - bigger ones would fix this issue I think.

Are these available to buy as i can't seem to source any online and are they available in different sizes (gap size)? Make on them is Roto.

Hope that makes some sense but if you need any clarification then please let me know.

dgwindow-1.jpg

dgwindow-2.jpg

Many thanks
Neil

Sponsored Links
The pin as you call it is a roller cam for the top keep and a mushroom cam for the bottom keep

Take a look at the centre of these and you should see a hex hole that will take an allen key, these are mounted eccentrically so a whole 360 degree turn will show the pin/cam move back and forth thus pulling the opener tighter agaist the rubbers. You should see a centre punched dot on each cam, this is at the high point of the turn so to pull tighter on the rubbers you'll need the dot outermost.

Be careful though as too much will make it impossible to pull the handle down, left too tight will eventually fail the locking mech so do one cam at a time and keep trying the handle to see if it gets harder to lock.

EDIT, just to put you out your misery......

http://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk/results.php?category_id=19

Thanks for that I've adjusted a few and does make a difference as well as turning the keep around.

I found that site shortly after posting - had my terminology for the bits wrong lol

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back