uPVC external astrigal bars - know any suppliers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all,

any idea where i'd get the external stick-on mouldings to recreate georgian bars on uPVC windows?

having a few windows replaced & want to retain the character as much as possible but adding the external astrigals its about £30 per pane, so (as usual) i thought "stuff that, i can do that myself for less"

we already have 1 small side window with the internal georgian bars so i thought i'd try it out on this one, see how i go & if all goes well i'll order the remaining windows with the internal bars & stick the externals on myself

however, an hour of google searching later & i've yet to find anywhere that supplies them

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Did you have any luck getting the stick on astragals? If so where did you get them from in the end and any advice?!
Wanting to put some on my own double glazed pvc plain window units but not sure even if they can be stuck onto double glazing as it might just look wrong -I dont have any internal bars in them. Can they jsut be done on one side or would that look even worse!

Hope it all went well.

thanks in advance,
Elly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back