UPVC foil colours any good?

Done a few in my time yes, wax repairs, reconstructive repairs with PVC fillers then spray, don't get to do many now as I don't work for that company now who did burglary damage repairs so I'm slowly losing my touch, the more you do the better the results

Sponsored Links
Having worked in the upvc window industry for the last 14 years, i can assure you most foils are fit for purpouse.

Unless solvent based cleaners are used after install the foil should bever crack/shrink and wrinkle up.

If the frame is put through the cnc cleaner too soon after welding process the foil can be damaged and lift off the profile itself leading to future issues.

GAZMAN.
The glass units slip when they are not installed with the correct glazing packers.

A bridge packer should be used which clips into the frame/sash. Then glazing packers between that and the glass unit. The glazing packer must be thicker than the width of the glass unit so both panes of glass sit flysh on it. Most units are 28mm now and a 32mm packer suits that.

If a bridge packer is not used the glazing packers do not sit propery and dig into the hotmelt causing units to slip

Cant see how toughened glass would be recommended in dark coloured profiles. If the window is fully reinforced there wont be any issues

Sponsored Links
GAZMAN.
The glass units slip when they are not installed with the correct glazing packers.

A bridge packer should be used which clips into the frame/sash. Then glazing packers between that and the glass unit. The glazing packer must be thicker than the width of the glass unit so both panes of glass sit flysh on it. Most units are 28mm now and a 32mm packer suits that.

If a bridge packer is not used the glazing packers do not sit propery and dig into the hotmelt causing units to slip

Yes I know but good info for others. The slipping glass I had come across is the past was actually mainly in conservatory roofs before the modern anti slip brackets.

GAZMAN.

Yes I know but good info for others. The slipping glass I had come across is the past was actually mainly in conservatory roofs before the modern anti slip brackets.

Think Gaz knows how to pack glass really!

GAZMAN.

Think Gaz knows how to pack glass really!
?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back