UPVC French door gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I've some quite old upvc french doors in a bay which over the years started to drop.

I had a local company out to take a look who advised as the doors couldn't be adjusted for them to trim down the keep post (sorry don't know what its called).

Long story short they butchered the door which left me with the attached image..

I was thinking a piece of trim to or some sort of upvc filler if such a thing exists or perhaps replace the entire part, could anyone tell me what I should be looking for?

Thanks

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 579
Sponsored Links
The actual part you need is an 'mullion end cap' , it looks like the mullion has been cut down in length and the end cap was lost, simple enough job BUT you need to identify the profile make of you door, the end cap is specific to the system used, heres some pictures of the cap thats missing......

full.jpg
French-door-inset-shootbolt500.jpg
2018-01-13-10-56-17-.jpg

Thanks crank, that certainly looks like the part.

Finding them online however is proving to be difficult, the doors must be > 15 years old.

I'll take the piece off this weekend to see if I can identify the manufacturer, may have to resort to fashioning a piece from a D profile trim and a a length of weatherstripping!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back