UPVC front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We have had a few UPVC windows replaced, due to the units failing and misting but now the Front Door has gone. It is a lovely front door with coloured leading. My question is - do we have any option rather than a new unit (I dread to think what it would cost)? The door in question is on the front of a porch and the two sides of the door are UPVc also and looking closely, it looks like one of the sides has also gone!!
Help

Sponsored Links
Hi Macfi,
Do you mean you have replaced the glass units or the whole windows?
I have had units replaced and they were not too expensive at all.

I do know a house where the landlord had a company in to "repair" misted panels, as I understand it they inject dry air into the unit and reseal them.
It's been done twice and they look just the same again when I saw them recently, 'nuf said :rolleyes:

I would try a local glazing company rather than one of the national ones for a quote, most do leaded designs, it's still got to be cheaper than a whole door and done in an hour or so.
Regards,
footprints

Sorry, I did mean we replaced the units, not the whole window!!
As the door is a full glass door with leading all over, I would presume that even to replace the unit (because of the leading and the size of it) would be well expensive. The window units we have had done recently were under £100. I have heard of the repairing of misted units but also heard lots of bad things about it, as in it cannot be done or it will last a year or so then go again. I will certainly try local companies, thanks.

Sponsored Links
ask a local glazing company to split the sealed unit and make new unit using the existing leaded side and a new plain side with new spacer bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back