uPVC question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having new windows fitted at the moment and have noticed some scratches on the glass, a broken bit of plastic on one of the handles, and some exterior anthracite finish damaged showing the white underneath.

My question is... Is this normal part of fitting and expected that some snagging is expected ? Or should I refuse the damaged frame and ask for a new one to be made up, or is repairing the anthracite in situ reasonable? It's only a few mm. I'm questioning my choice if it's this easily damaged too.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1/ Scratches on the glass, in a perfect world you would get no scratches AT ALL but its not a perfect world, they can be be quite common and as such the GGF do have guidelines as to what is deemed acceptable, basically standing 2m away and looking straight through the glass and not concentrating your vision at the scratch, if you can't see it then its within tolerance, however any decent window company SHOULD reject it on your behalf, they may quote the guidelines but would ideally change the unit/s

2/ Handles can get damaged, no big deal as they can just replace the damaged handle, not worth them arguing that one

3/ White showing through the foiled finish is inherant of that product, there is such a thing as a touch up pen made by Konig, your corner welds will probably already have been touched up to cover the white uPVC where the splurg has been cut off, unfortunately thats the nature of the beast when you have a white pvc under a grey foil or any coloured foil for that matter. The extent of damage though might nessesitate the frame be replaced completely, can't advise that though without seeing pics

Thank you, that puts my mind at ease. Everything else has been fantastic so far so I'm pleased to hear this is all relatively normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back