URGENT HELP - Ferroli Optima - Cannot light Boiler ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Peeps.

Need some urgent help here as i am unable to light my Ferroli Optima 601 Combi Boiler.

It has the VMF7 board (notice very slight scorching on some components but tested them with meter and they seem fine)

There is no spark whatsoever. The DHW flowmeter is switching (LED2). The fan and pump also working fine. All LEDS that should be lit are lit (Although LED 6 is dim ?).

I have checked the ignition button microswitch/gas control knob (60) and this is making ok. I have tested for 240v on the ignition transformer input side whilst making ignition switch and have 0v there.

There is some sortt of switching happening as my multi meter does fluctuate slightly but only .00v ???

What other areas can i check to get it to spark/fire up. What other conditions need to be met before it will spark ??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
However for safety reasons, I could only give further info to a CORGI registered person and they would not need it anyway.

Tony

When i disconnect one of the 2 pipes going to the air pressure switch (43) a relay energises and another LED lights ( i did not notice this one before as it is seperate from the rest). This then allows me to light the boiler.

As soon as i reconnect the pipe it goes into fault again. (led off).

Also if i suck on the exposed nipple end (lol) of the pressure switch it goes healthy (led on/relay on).

This to me proves the pressure switch is working.

What is the most common problem associated with these boilers, what should i be looking for ? Blocked pipe/flue ??

Cheers

Also what got me confused is that most plumbers where calling this swich a flow switch and me being from electrical background would regard it as a pressure switch....

ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back