Urgent Help with Heatslave 15/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone

got a heatslave 15/19, pretty old but has worked well for last 7 years...serviced every year and only had to ever change a diverter valve

last few weeks ive notived the Worscester optional controller for the boiler (LED type with CH & DHW Buttons) has been somewhat intermittent, press button 10 times for boiler to fire up on either HW or CH etc

well last night it refused to do anything, was locking out on both CH & HW and wouldent fire, if you turn the thermostats right down it does not lock out, but does not fire because stats are down to 0 obviously

turning the HW on, you can hear the relays click, the fan purge, oil pump etc..but locks out before firing
turning the CH on, it does nothing, no relays, no fan, no pump zilch

would i be correct in thinking this could be a control board failure?

ive tried the original controller thinking that was the issue (the simple facia mounted button) and it makes no change

pretty desperate as my local boiler guy cant come out till thursday next week and ive got a baby in the house and its getting cold up on these hills

thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
No point guessing if it’s the control board. You said it locks out on hot water, is it overheating?

burner lockout on hot water, CH there is nothing at all, no life

overheat reset button is not out, so assuming its not that

we did have a lightening strike yesterday afternoon, not sure if thats got anything todo with my issues as it had tripped the house fusebox

I take it you have pressure in the boiler. The lightning strike could have caused malfunction, might be worth calling an engineer if no oilys can answer.

Sponsored Links
Burner lockout is not caused by any timer fault. If the burner begins to run but locks out before firing, then this indicates lack of fuel which can be :
Solenoid failed
blocked filters/pipework/nozzle
failed oil pump
false flame signal from photocell
control box fault not opening the solenoid

C/H not working from programmer is probably a programmer fault which may have resulted from the lightning strike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back