Urgent - Need boiler part (flame failure device) on a Sunday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can I buy parts for my C & M boiler, a Corvec Maxiflame 2 today (Sunday).

I live in North Birmingham, West Midlands

Sponsored Links
Ha hahahahahahahahahahhahahaahhahhahahhhhahhhahhhahahhaahh bonk,
fell off me chair, on a sunday, get real :(

thinking about it, i have sen a thermocouple in q & b that will be a boiler part and you can buy one on a sunday, maybe even a tin of enamel paint

Sorry, communication failure on my part.

I have a 3 month old baby and a 70+ y/o in a freezing cold house with no hot water.

Where can I get a flame failure device for my boiler today PLEASE!

Sponsored Links
your best bet would be to go to a shed and get some fan heaters. A flame failiure device even if it is a thermo couple is a corgi job

God, I hate boilers!

I have a BG engineer (Corgi resistered) prepared to fit it after 12, provided I can get hold of it.

Might be a good idea to take on BG cover if it's that important to keep heating working at all times, ask the BG guy you know, I am sure he will be able to point you the right direction for application.

I have BG cover, but due to standard policy they have to order parts in and it won't be fixed until Tuesday at the earliest.

But due to my circumstances, they have offered to fix it this afternoon, provided I can get hold of the parts.

If I remember correctly, Corvec Maxiflame is an ancient boiler fit for a museum. Sourcing parts for this on a good day, midweek, will be like looking to get a sun tan on christmas day

Go for a new boiler.

I understand from previous conversations with C&M service engineers that some of the parts are still used in current models.

Please can anyone answer my original question, is there anyone open today in Birmingham or anywhere in the West Mids that supplies boiler parts?

jazz-uk said:
Please can anyone answer my original question, is there anyone open today in Birmingham or anywhere in the West Mids that supplies boiler parts?

try yellow pages and call them, but its very doubtful

The maxi flame uses not only a thermo-couple to keep pilot established but also a fuseable link (fitted at top of heat exchanger) which is a primitive overheat protector and goes if pump has stuck, If a more or less standard t,couple would fit i`m sure the BG engineer would have tried that . So the chance of getting actual appliance parts on a sunday is zilch. As for saying it`s tuesday for parts they should be able to have them to the engineer by 8 am tomorrow morning from national parts centre unless there is already a horrendous amount of work in the system for tomorrow in which case it`s first come first served.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Ha hahahahahahahahahahhahahaahhahhahahhhhahhhahhhahahhaahh bonk,

fell off me chair, on a sunday, get real :(

Took the words out of my mouth :D

Jazz-uk, time's getting on and I doubt you have a part yet, that in itself indicates it's a forlorn hope. Best thing is to treat the 70 year old with great respect and draw on their knowledge of how they used to keep warm. You, (and all the others who read these posts just for passing the time) should plan on how you are going to deal with life when the heating packs up. You have found out it does as will everybody else sooner or later. You need an alternative if you are to stay comfortable. Food, jumpers, blankets, water heater (usually a kettle) add your own items as well, like oil filled radiators if you don't have a working fireplace.. This is the very reason why a combi is such a bad idea, when it stops, so does the world. Go to visit friends, throw a party, 30 people in a room will warm it up and no heating system required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back