Urinals that keep blocking up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anything i can do to reduce or remove the problem with our urinals blocking up at work?

The traps keep getting block with yellow gunge which i can only assume is mineral or similar from all the urine that flows through them. They flush every 30 mins or so and are bleached on a daily basis.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Its time to replace the pipework and traps,it happens unfortunately.

Apparently pushfit is better than solvent when used with urinals. A, you can strip it down easier and B, apparently its smoother and doesnt seem to have the salts stick as easily.dont quote me on it as we still use solvent.

Thanks for that, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem.

We've already replaced the traps twice and its the traps that seem to be blocking more than the pipes.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I had the exact same problem where I work.

First thing to do is to stop using any channel blocks, they re-solidify in the drains.

Make sure they actually flush, I thought ours were because I could hear the cistern filling - make sure you have seen water go down them.

Get some Blockbuster drain cleaning acid, some safety specs and some gloves. This stuff is amazing but remeber, a little dash works better than a bottle full. This will clear the drains out.

We have been blockage free since we sorted them last time.

Yep, we've stopped using the blocks too for the same reason.

Toilets are flushing, so its not that. They flush every half hour or so and its then we notice the blockage because they fill to overflowing.

I'll try the blockbuster, thanks.

yep.

When we've removed them to clean there is always plenty of water in there and the drain run is very short with no joins that could be causing suction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back