US gun campaigner shot

I'm amazed at how many posters on here are supporters of the right to carry firearms.
Do they have the same mindset to carrying knives? Should we all still be wearing swords at our side??

Oh, wait a minute, they're all Brexiters.
Is there a correlation between being a Brexiter and wanting to carry firearms??

Well there certainly seems to be one on this forum.
I hope that we vote to remain in the EU!
I hope that the typical Brexiter that exists on here is not representative of the rest of the Brexiters.

If I was a Brexiter, I'd want to deny being amongst the typical wishful gun-toting type that visits this forum.

Without doubt, the most stupid thing you have posted to date on this forum.

Given that some European countries have more liberal gun laws than us the idea that all pro gun supporters are all for leaving the EU is a best a pretty spurious argument.
This subject came up on another forum and an American poster said something along the lines of he believed citizens should be able to own anything but a machine gun for protection to which I asked why not machine guns ( or for that matter AT guns , bazookas , or hand grenades) as historically those weapons have played a largely defensive role. It was a fairly light hearted exchange to be fair but his concern was about balancing the right to defend oneself against the potentially more devastating spray and pray approach that fully automatic weapons can provide.
In the end we decided upon something like this for home defence

Sponsored Links
the idea that all pro gun supporters are all for leaving the EU is a best a pretty spurious argument
But as no-one has made that argument, it need not detain us.
Fully agree there John.
A correlation does not determine a cause, or that one idea determines the other.
Rather like the old belief that married men were more reliable in employment than single men. The silly old argument went along the lines of married men were more likely to be reliable because they had a family to support.
In actuality the reverse was probably more true: that reliable men were more likely to be married. But for so many years employers worked on the incorrect assumption, i.e. that marriage causes reliability.

Sponsored Links
Guns don't kill people, people do... there are some intelligent reasons to be pro gun, then there's this argument! Yes, people kill. Hence trying to make it harder for them by not giving them weapons!

Back