Using Durgo Valves

B

Bodd

Good morning

My understanding is that a durgo should not be fitted at the end of a terrace or if more than 7 houses are not vented (Using Durgos)

I have a situation I just do not know the answer to. I have a old house Im working on. Early 1900's. This house is end of terrace but not the end of the row. a semi detached house is next door.
so could that be the end of the run which means I can use a durgo or could the semi be on a seperate run.

I cant get access to the terraced Houses or the Semi's.

The house is over 3 stories so I do not want to work of a ladder to run a vent. But if this this is the only sure way the customer would have to pay for a scaffold.

I'll appriciate all your replys.

Thankyou Bod.

Sponsored Links
Good morning

My understanding is that a durgo should not be fitted at the end of a terrace or if more than 7 houses are not vented (Using Durgos)

I have a situation I just do not know the answer to. I have a old house Im working on. Early 1900's. This house is end of terrace but not the end of the row. a semi detached house is next door.
so could that be the end of the run which means I can use a durgo or could the semi be on a seperate run.

I cant get access to the terraced Houses or the Semi's.

The house is over 3 stories so I do not want to work of a ladder to run a vent. But if this this is the only sure way the customer would have to pay for a scaffold.

I'll appriciate all your replys.

Thankyou Bod.

This is a DIY site, not a lift up for thick Builders

I can tell by those few word's that there's not much happiness in your world
Get out on this fine Sunday and get some vitamin B

Sponsored Links

Yeah I will, in the meantitme you get yerself a brain

Are you a little man if so I know a great club you could join.

Its ok mate for you to go on, I can stand that. But to come on here to ask the most simplest question about the workings of a AAV is..............well.

Bodgit and Scarper :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah I will, in the meantitme you get yerself a brain

Are you a little man if so I know a great club you could join.

Its ok mate for you to go on, I can stand that. But to come on here to ask the most simplest question about the workings of a AAV is..............well.

Bodgit and Scarper :LOL: :LOL:

I'll tell you what Slapper Educate me tell me what you know

You would have done somthing nice ( It could make you feel good)

And I learn something ( that'll make me feel good)

then we are both happy

We can be friends and Ill let you join my little mans club.

Hows that?

Are you replacing or installing a stack?

Hello Hugh

We are replacing half way up. it was vented through roof but builder cut it off and sealed roof. meaning I have a choice of using air admittance valve or taking it back out and up the gable end.

Bod

Personally i'd vent it then. AAV may cause a problem, if there is any back pressure in the run then there is the risk of foul air bubbling back through traps.

If the semi's are same era, is there any evidence of a manhole near the boundary with the road to indicate these are independant of the terrace?

Personally i'd vent it then. AAV may cause a problem, if there is any back pressure in the run then there is the risk of foul air bubbling back through traps.

If the semi's are same era, is there any evidence of a manhole near the boundary with the road to indicate these are independant of the terrace?

Im thinking that way. I cant go wrong if I vent.

Ill look tomorrow in more detail at the semis. but I do think they are the same era.

Probably better to vent it now whilst your working there than having to go back to an irate customer with a smelly bathroom.....

Not impossible the semi's are on the same run, in which case they may be venting the head of the run, but without a dye test to prove it then difficult to tell. Although if there's a manhole adjacent to the boundary, chances are thats the interceptor, indicating a seperate run for the semi's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back