Using epoxy over conventional grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to extend the life of some failing shower tilling by rerouting the bottom 2ft or so and wondering what the best grout/adhesive is to hold it all together for another 18months.

My shower is tiled with 2 inch mosaics onto plasterboard, the grout low quality and is not keeping up, and a couple of the tiles are starting to come loose.

Last time when it was really bad I ended up hacking out the bottom foot and sandwiching in some more PB, drywall adhesive, and putting it all back together with the best flex grout I could get from BnQ, which bought me five years. In due course the lot wants out, cementboard/tanking and re-doing, but I have a lot else on so that will have to wait.

Thoughts on a postcard before I get whatever BAL product the tiles salesman sells me.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
It wont work - the plasterboard background has failed.
Working with epoxy can be tricky even for professionals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back