Using flexible WC Connectors when replacing old side outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post!

I intend to use a plumber for this job, but like to know what's possible so I don't end up with a job I don't want.

I've bought a B & Q "Toilet to Go" (I know!!! , but it had to be cheap)

The old WC is a side outlet (left hand), low level. Consequently the soil pipe outlet is some 300mm from the back wall, on the left hand long (1660mm long) wall. The front of the WC is 750mm from the back short wall (820mm wide), leaving a not too difficult squeeze getting in and sitting down. The door opens inward against the outside long wall with the soil stack. and is 750 mm wide.

If I just install the new back outlet Close Coupled toilet with a swan neck space saving WC connector the WC will sit some 880mm out from the back wall, and much closer to th open door. Also the cistern would be 200mm from the wall, so some sort of false wall would need making.

I note that Mcalpine, at least, do a swan neck with flexible WC connector. This would solve the 90 deg bend and coming back on itself to meet the hole in the wall.

It is acceptable to effectively have three bends?

Just using a swan neck would make life difficult for a relative, with manouvering problems, who visits us. And I want to avoid rehanging the door to open outwards. (Danger of opening it into someone.)

Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back