Vague job descriptions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seem to be standard. I’m looking on Indeed and there are loads of jobs that don’t actually say what the job is.

As an example I came across a local job, less hours than mine but what’s it actually doing? Drug dealer? Plumber? Gardener?

Heres the text:

Can you provide a high quality customer focused service? Do you have the ability to build strong and effective partnerships with customers, colleagues and partner agencies?

RBH is looking for someone who has the ability to manage a neighbourhood patch, delivering a pro-active service that promotes sustainability and high levels of customer satisfaction. You will have a flexible approach, be able to self manage and look for innovative solutions. The ability to engage and empathise with customers is a must.

With strong networking and communication skills you will be the front face of RBH in the community.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sometimes they've already found who they want before the ad goes out, so they make it vague to the point that few people apply.

A neighbourhood housing officer.

Im still none the wiser.

Whats a neighbourhood patch?

Is that an extra large nicotine patch.

Id like 2 neighbourhood patches and a couple of town patches

A neighbourhood housing officer.

That’s the title!!

Another I saw describes my job exactly, says Manchester on the title then M25 on the text:
1F53EB94-DB0E-42A6-8D26-07F2368FFE49.png

Some of the specifics are not too far from the Housing Officer. I’m 40 on Sunday and wondering how many more years I want to abuse my body for. Housing officer could keep me out and about without the hard graft.

I think it's a con to look for lower management potential without paying a manager salary.

They want you to do everything they can think of without paying for the value of the work you're doing.

I've looked in indeed before after a mate of mine said there's no end paying this that and the other but when you boil it down you take on more responsibility for the same or less you're (or in my case) currently earning with longer hours too.

RBH is looking for someone who has the ability to manage a neighbourhood patch, delivering a pro-active service that promotes sustainability and high levels of customer satisfaction. You will have a flexible approach, be able to self manage and look for innovative solutions. The ability to engage and empathise with customers is a must.

With strong networking and communication skills you will be the front face of RBH in the community.

Loan shark.

Seem to be standard. I’m looking on Indeed and there are loads of jobs that don’t actually say what the job is.

As an example I came across a local job, less hours than mine but what’s it actually doing? Drug dealer? Plumber? Gardener?

Heres the text:

Can you provide a high quality customer focused service? Do you have the ability to build strong and effective partnerships with customers, colleagues and partner agencies?

Definitely not for a politician.

Although circle does bring the road into mind.
Often, job descriptions for a job the involves working in or around the capital say things like "inside the M25" or "around the M25".

Heres the text:
Maybe they finding out who has enough brains to do some research about a local firm

Sponsored Links
Back