Vague question on pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it is vague, and will depend on a lot of factors but any chance anyone could give me a rough guess on how much it would cost for 2 things (1 elec and 1 plumbing so will put this also on the plumbing board).
Got someone coming today and would help to have an idea.

One
Looking to add 2 external security lights for my house. 1 at the back and 1 at the front. Both need a switch and I have bought the lights already so purely the electric side.
Front has a double light switch about 4 feet away from where I would like the light to go (other side of the door in effect) and back has a single switch again other side of the door to where I would like it.

Fuse box is above the rear door and has spare fuses it can go to if wired independent.

Two
To fit sink and bath taps, again I have already purchased them. Currently I can not see a cut off for the water on the old pipes, and they are solid ones so will need flexible pipe I guess?
Also the taps are the wrong way round i.e cold is hot side etc but maybe it is just a case of changing the red and blue dots on the taps, but I really am an amateur!

Thanks for looking guys

Jase[/u]

Sponsored Links
One of the forum rules states that you cant ask for prices, as theirs too many variables that can come into play with job.

The lights for example, the sparky may find a local point to take power from = a short quick job, or may have to run a new cable from the distribution board = a longer more expensive job.

And the bath taps, once theyve been changed they need testing. This usually involves the plumber taking a warm bath (you have to provide cookies and tea) so depending on how much they like the water they could be in their for hours...rather expensive!

Sponsored Links
But on the helpful side, get 3 or 4 qoutes for each job. You may find a company that will do both jobs while they are there - saving you a call out fee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back