Vailant boiler help please!!!

tbh i may suspect the shyte system water isn't helping either but the limescale produces the effect also , also problems may exist with the shower/ cartridge.

this is a picture of a plate being affected by limescale alone which i see a lot where i live which reduces the hw flow also but descaling this plate is the way to go
View attachment 133287

Hi mate how much do you charge for something like that?

I wish you were local lol

Sponsored Links
what city you live mate as there are some engineers on here also who may be able to help , but its not until your in front of your boiler until the full facts can be seen

what city you live mate as there are some engineers on here also who may be able to help , but its not until your in front of your boiler until the full facts can be seen

I’m in Northampton j15a of the m1

Hi mate I meant the water does luke warm then warm etc. But it’s always lower than it used to be?

That changes the picture, and suggests just a descaling and inhibitor is required. Start ringing round for quotes.

Sponsored Links
I’m in Northampton j15a of the m1
sorry mate to far for me but i expect not a lot of engineers descale a plate on site so i expect they would just replace it unless you could ask . you also need your system water cleaned maybe just a chemical clean only required but only they can tell you , or else you will only suffer the same problem again.

what vaillant have you got ? have a look up under your boiler for a label probably on left hand side

sorry mate to far for me but i expect not a lot of engineers descale a plate on site so i expect they would just replace it unless you could ask . you also need your system water cleaned maybe just a chemical clean only required but only they can tell you , or else you will only suffer the same problem again.

what vaillant have you got ? have a look up under your boiler for a label probably on left hand side

Where are you out of interest mate? London?

There isn’t a label anywhere on it here’s some pics of it
A25_A2509-5045-4_A52-_A211-_B24466_A632_BF.jpg

78546_C39-_A908-4373-_AF9_B-96_EA3421_EE45.jpg

Does that help?

Is that plate called ‘heat exhanger’ As that’s the only part Vailant won’t replace as part of the fixed price deal (as well as the ‘expansion vessel’ )

Thanks for all your help you have been amazing

That changes the picture, and suggests just a descaling and inhibitor is required. Start ringing round for quotes.

Thanks , do you have a rough ball park figure I should be aiming for? Thanks mate

Where are you out of interest mate? London?
2.5 hrs away mate -looks like you've got an vaillant ecomax , parts are readily available also.

EDIT you need to get a quote

Last edited:
2.5 hrs away mate - you've got an vaillant ecomax , parts are readily available also.

Ah okay mate,
So do you think i should get an independent engineer or go with the Vailant fixed price?
Sorry to keep asking questions I’m just trying to sort it as cheap as possible

Thanks

We can't give you an idea; only ringing round will do that. You may get a cheaper quote if you wait till it gets warmer, or you can catch someone close by with an hour to spare, but you're local rates won't be ours I'm afraid.

We can't give you an idea; only ringing round will do that. You may get a cheaper quote if you wait till it gets warmer, or you can catch someone close by with an hour to spare, but you're local rates won't be ours I'm afraid.

Ah okay thanks mate

Ah okay thanks mate

Do know anyone who can recommend an engineer? If the plate hex is outside the combustion chamber and can be accessed without removing the room-sealed case, then you could attempt to remove and clean it yourself. It’s pretty simple but can be awkward to manipulate out... Vaillants do make it easier than most.
Have a look at some vids and evaluate if you think you’re up to it?

If you do attempt make sure to protect the electronics and PCB from spillages as you try to remove it. Plastic bag and plenty of towels.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=Changing plate hex on turbomax&sm=3

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back