Vailant Eco Tech Plus - how do you display set temperature?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am posting for someone else so apologies if I do not have 100% information. The boiler is a Vailant Eco Tech Plus, aprox 5 years old, serviced annually by BG. The only thermostat is on the boiler itself. It is believed to be set at 65 degrees, however the display on the boiler gradually creeps up to 70 degrees.

Reading through the manual it is unclear how to display what the temperature is actually set to - it may have been adjusted by the BG engineer at the last service. As far as I can tell, the only mantion of displaying set temperature is when the set temperature is adjusted and the person I am posting for does not want to 'fiddle' with anything.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
When you turn the dial the display automatically switches to show the target temperature you are setting it to. After a few seconds it reverts back to show the actual temperature.

Thank you sooey, that would be my preferred option but the person I am posting for has got themselves into quite a state over this and doesn't want to touch any settings. A BG visit has been booked (and cancelled by BG and rebooked). I am just trying to understand the workings of this boiler so I can (hopefully) explain and give some peace of mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back