Vailant ecomax 828E fault hissing on hw demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler with a fault i've not seen before and wondered if someone could offer some of their experience of these ,

the boiler is around 10 years old vailant ecomax, the homeowners handyman had drained the system to remove two upstairs rads for decorating purposes, since these have been refitted and filled a fault on hw has appeared.

when running hot water the boiler fires as normal but within ten seconds the primary temperature starts rocketing towards 80+ and the noise of the boiler becomes very loud, like the fan/h/ex are working overtime. it doesn't sound like normal kettling but definitely appears to be coming from the main heat exchanger. the plate h/ex is clear and is less than a year old, and the main heat exchanger was changed around 4 years ago.

It seems as though something must be restricting the proper flow around the boiler possibly when hw is on but when the heating is on the noise is normal. may I add the water temperature at the tap stays fairly consistent aswell

thanks

(PS i've heard of occasions on these where the rubber hose on the flow/return in the boiler can begin to block causing circulation problems, could this be a cause, or would that also cause this noise on heating )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back