Vailant Turbo Max Plus 828E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im having problems with the above combi boiler as in when calling for hot water all works fine, fan runs boiler fires up hot water ok.
But when calling for heat nothinh happens fan dont run pump dont run boiler dont fire up henc no heating.

Is this a common fault on this boiler and does any genious out their know what could be causing the heating not to work.
Also i was wondering if anyone out their has a manual to help me fault find if no one has any udea what the fault could be.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If it works for HW there's probably not much wrong with the boiler.
Have you checked that the clock / programmer / room thermostat are all singing from the same hymn-sheet? Have you tried ruling out a timer problem by setting CH to 'continuous'.
Please give more details of controls and what appears on the boiler front panel (indicator lights, etc.).

Not heard of it as a common fault. Manual is available on-line though you may have to register. I can send you pdf if you prefer.

ok,
rooms stat is turned onto highest setting bothe dials for hot water and and heating are on full. I havr checked all the basic stuff but it will not fire up for heating.
Their is a green light on at the front control panel and an orange one lights up when hot water is turned on but does not light up when calling for heat,
Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
If everything on the boiler appears to be OK and the HW works, this sounds like a wiring or 'stat problem. You'll need someone happy to work with mains electrics to go further. If this is not you, then Get Someone In.

Have a hard copy myself, but Chris's right, can get copy of manual online at vaillant.co.uk. Have to register, which is open to anyone and easy enough. Then can download manuals as pdf's. turbomax plus installation instructions is the one you want - has faultfinding section here. Do let us know what diagnostics turns up...have this boiler and interested to hear conclusion. Cheers :)

Many thanks again guys, i will download from the Vailant website

Have a good new year :)

If you have a mains-test screwdriver (or multimeter which would be better) it would be worth going in as far as the wires which connect to the boiler. The loop to the timer/stat is between pins 3 and 4. I blieve 3 is the live "out" in which case 4 should go on/off when there's a demand from outside.
At least you'll be able to say whether it's the boiler that's faulty or not.

press and hold the 2 top buttons on the fault finding display (4 buttons in total laid out in square formation) for 10 secs, this brings on the boiler in sfh mode and the heating comes on without external control for 2 mins, if this works its the ex controls are at fault.

Oh yeah forgot about that, but I thought it was the lower 2 buttons!

Hi Guys,
I have the same boiler with the same problem, I have looped connections 3 + 4 but still there is no demand for heating, also the bolier will operating in DFh mode for a few minutes without a problem. Just wondering if anyone has fixed this problem before and what the problem was.
I have checked connections 3, 4 and 5 and there is 240v between connection 5 and earth(wierd!) and nothing at the others if thats any help
Grateful for any info, Martyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back