Vaillaint ecomax 824 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler seems to work ok pumps running but down stairs rads are cold (all on drops) ch flow nice and hot down to each rad but thats as far as it goes.All valves checked and open.Ch return to boiler is cold and boiler only seems to run for short periods at a time.
Any help appreciated bfore i contact Vaillant.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sponsored Links
It's Probably a flow problem, either
balancing - try closing upstairs rads
sludge in lower rads - was it an old system, flushed? etc..
pump going slow or blocked - have changed a very young one of these.

Is it still under warranty?

Thanks Chris, the full system was fitted a little over two years ago only two rads up stairs and three down stairs all fitted with trvs there is no difference even when both upstairs rads are isolated.
As i say checked pump and it is working and set to speed two (max) i can only assume system was flushed/inhibitor was used, fitted by reputable local company.

Trv's aren't stuck are they? Remove an adjusting top and check the pin it pushes springs up and down ok.
If all upstairs OK but one downstairs won't work by itself, it must be blocked/off!

Sponsored Links
All trv's ok but they have all been fitted to return side of the radiators.Flow side to each rad lockshield is hot all lockshields are fully open and rads are barely lukewarm, boiler thermostat at max and roomstat at max.

sounds like the diverter valve is not working (priority reversing valve) remove motor and operate valve manally.

Unless it's the round one, which it should be at 2 years old, in which case you get wet.
Depends whether it's an ECOmax or an ecoMAX!

Steve I thought you meant the upper rads were hot.

i really should have read the post properly

:oops:

recon the div valve, at two years you should still be under vaillants warrantee shouldnt you?

Just out of warranty,tried isolating all rads bar one down stairs and it gets hot, goes cold as soon as others are re-opened.

ok

try opening the other rads valves a wee bit rather than all the way

Its called balancing (see what chris has said) and you need to creat resistance in the circuit to force the water to go where it does not want to :)

I've tried virtuallly every permutation with rad valves we're only talking about 5 small single rads, could it be a divertor fault?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back