Vaillant 282e Hot water fault

L

lizard1975

Hi, really hoping someone can help me work out the fault here, as it has me foxed.

The boiler works fine in central heating mode but is temperamental in hot water mode, The boiler recognises the call for hot water most but not all of the time and often tries to light repetitively with out success. It never enters lock out mode and after a few minutes of doing nothing will try to light again for a time. If it does manage to light then half the time it goes out after a minute or two and repeats the cycle.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
If you studied some existing threads you might see that a blocked secondary heat exchanger is often the cause of these symptoms.

But thermal measurements of the components are needed to confirm this.

Tony

If you studied some existing threads you might see that a blocked secondary heat exchanger is often the cause of these symptoms.

But thermal measurements of the components are needed to confirm this.

Tony

Hi Tony,
Many thanks, I will strip down and check the heat plate exchanger first thing tomorow. I did try to measure the readings from the NTC sensor to see if it was faulty but without a table to compare the reading against, it was of little help. However due to the low cost of the part i replaced it anyhow, and whilst it did improve the running of the boiler (started to run correctly on the odd occusion compared to never before) i was still left with the above

Sponsored Links
Hi, found the fault. It wasn't the heat plate exchanger as Im getting a good 18c drop across it, but rather the micro switch that is not getting fully pressed down. Does this mean the diaphragm is on its way out or the micro switch as do they not normally need to be fully pressed? Have adjusted position of switch to give max press down by plastic lever

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back