vaillant 828 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, can anyone help me with the vailant 828 please?

my pressure has gradually dropped to below 1 and i would like to top it up as i had absolutely no water at all this morning (it has returned now without much pressure)

i have struggled with the 2 black levers underneath, and i think opened them totally, although they were very difficult to move, but the pressure gauge remains about the same.

i remember my builder attempting this a few months ago, and it took at least 15 mins to raise the pressure, saying it was the slowest increase he had ever seen.

Am i doing something wrong? the black lever towards the front/middle of the boiler is facing away from me, and the one on the right hand side facing towards me when they are in the open position.

please help, i am clueless!

thank you.

Sponsored Links
Is the pressure low in the taps? if so it may take time to raise boiler pressure, dont get confused between the two, low pressure at taps has nothing to do with boiler pressure on gauge.
If you push the bottokm left button on boiler it may say what pressure is.
Anyting above 1 will do but ideally 1.5.
If the pressure is really low the boiler will let you know and not work.

the pressure was low this morning, but now seems to be ok, maybe cos i have turned the heating on?

my bottom left hand button has a minus sign, and is linked to a plus sign- is that it? i pressed it but nothing happened on the display.

the pressure gauge is still just below one, shall i give it another go with the levers?

thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back