vaillant 828

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

Could you please advise:

My vaillant828 has started to produce on and off some alarming noises during operation. The noise is as if bricks or stones are raining down on the inside of the boiler. Is it a trapped air or what? I would have thought that a trapped air would produce a gushing sound of water but not like a falling debris. However if it still happens to be the trapped air then how do I proceed to remove it? It might be of some relevance to mention that we have one radiator in our loft which is one storey above the location of the boiler. I would be very grateful for your input.

Sponsored Links
The main heat exchanger is almost certainly blocked with debris. Is the noise worse when heating hot water? Has the boiler shown any fault codes lately on the display and you have had to reset it?

Its not trapped air as this would be a crackling sound which disappears when the heating is first put on. Is not a DIY job either.

I'm not local to you, but a decent Vaillant boiler expert in the London area is *************

If its air, venting the rads and keeping the pressure to 1.5 should do the job, But sounds like your pump is destructing itself.

Sponsored Links
If its air, venting the rads and keeping the pressure to 1.5 should do the job, But sounds like your pump is destructing itself.

To Easyflow AND The 831 Bunny,

Problem Cured:

It wasn't as sinister as originally thought. It was a trapped air (the least expected element) causing such a havoc. venting appears to have done the job.

Thank you both, once again, for your inputs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back