Vaillant 828e Turbomax

My apologies.

No matter where I go I always seem to cause an argument :)

Can I just confirm that if the pressure drops too low then the CH will cut out so no damage will be done should I be looking at a faulty pressure guage.

Don't want to do any more damage before I can get someone in to look at it.

You won't damage it, it just needs the expansion vessel recharging / replacing and a new prv.
You don't cause an argument we all just sit here waiting for an opportunity ;)
Bg do service your boiler if required but they operate from their own procedures rather than that specified by the manufacturer. They don't use the word service as they are not committed to carry out what is in the book. The annual check is accepted as an annual service by all manufacturers though.

Sponsored Links
That clunking noise is the automatic bypass on the boiler (small brass valve bottom left of the boiler behind the diverter valve). Vaillant have identified a problem with this and have brought out a modified valve, failing this they have also brought out a modified PCB which stops the pump for 0.7 of a second after a HW demand, failing this Vaillant are actually drilling a 1/8" hole through the middle of the valve seating. Dirt in the system aggrevates the operation of the valve making it stiffer to open during a hot water demand.

My colleague has only advised a flush on the basis he has found dirt in the Y filter. BG is now taking the stance we will only change blocked components such as plate to plates and diverters once, the next time it will be chargeable unless a preventative measure is taken to reduce the possiblity ie a Maganclean or Flush which I don't think is unreasonable. The flush is guaranteed the lifetime of the boiler, which is a difficultfor independent service companies to match.

As for Dangermouses comments, there are a lot of BG haters on here for reasons I dont know. I will admit with a large corporation you are going to get a few shoddy engineers, but there are also a lot of us who work for BG who are extremeley competent and take pride in our work.

My apologies.

No matter where I go I always seem to cause an argument :)

I used to go out with a lady who seemed to cause fires!

We went to the bar at Ally Pally and the next day it burnt down!

We went to an Indian for a meal. As we entered, a fire engine was hovering around looking for a fire. When we finished out meal there were three engines watching the four story building on the opposite block burn down.

We went to an Irish pub in Finchley but the dairy next door was on fire so we couldn't get inside!

She went to LA and got married but the new husband was killed in a car smash within a year.

Lovely lady though!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your comments.

Now understand a little better.

As for the little digs I'm sure (at least hope) they're all in good humour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back