Vaillant 837 mains cable run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok a very simple question about the electrical connection on the Vaillant ecoTEC plus 837.

I have installed the boiler and very well it went too, but I can't see how to run the mains cable into the boiler, as soon as I put the front case on it squashes the cable. I can't find where I can run the cable without problems with the squashing.

Please help.

Steve

Sponsored Links
there are some red circular rubber grommets at the rear left hand side on the bottom of the chassis which you need to cut and poke the flex thru.

I have to say that if you have to ask you clearly shouldn't be playing around with gas boilers!

What size gas pipe have you used to this 37kW boiler?

Andy. :?:

15m of 15mm of course, that big pipe is too expensive and his old 18kw boiler was fine with that so what's the problem? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
But how patronising are you? You know nothing about me. And because I ask a simple question you automatically think I haven't the ability to install a boiler.

To be honest I think plumbers (or whatever you are called) try to mystify their trade and belittle intelligent people for doing what is a very simple job (i.e. installing a boiler).

If you want to help people then continue to post on this forum, if you want to patronise them then don't bother....simple.

Anyway, thanks again.

BTW it was 22mm copper pipe to the gas, as it says in the installation instructions but I doubt very much whether you would have read them because as was quoted to me by a plumber friend 'We don't get time to read the manual!'

BTW it was 22mm copper pipe to the gas, as it says in the installation instructions

Actually this is probably the more relevant part of the instructions.

The gas supplier should ensure the availability of an
adequate supply of gas. A gas meter may only be connected
to the service pipe by the supplier of gas or their
contractor. An existing meter should be checked to
ensure that it is capable of passing the rate of gas supply
required. Installation pipes should be fitted in
accordance with BS 6891. In IE the current edition of IS
813. Pipework from the meter to the boiler must be of
an adequate size. Do not use pipes of a smaller size
than the boiler gas connection (15 mm). The complete
installation must be checked for leaks and purged as
described in BS 6891.
Obviously you read this and know exactly what it means, I wouldn't want to patronise you by asking some silly question like "did you actually do a pipe size calculation?."

I have installed the boiler and very well it went too, but I can't see how to run the mains cable into the boiler, as soon as I put the front case on it squashes the cable. I can't find where I can run the cable without problems with the squashing.

You are joking, aren't you?

Belittling isn't the word. If your mechanical aptitude is this poor then I dread to think what the job must look like.

obviously you notified the boiler and filled the benchmark book out with a gas safe engineers details to validate the warranty not to mention checked the co2 with a flue gas analyser, gas rated, range rated and balanced and checked the inlet working pressure didn't you?

Or are you just a cheapskate who saved a few quid and put his family in danger?

You have got to be having a laugh about the cable. Nobody is that stupid whether gas safe registered or not! Is your name Bean!

BTW it was 22mm copper pipe to the gas, as it says in the installation instructions but I doubt very much whether you would have read them because as was quoted to me by a plumber friend 'We don't get time to read the manual!'

So have you used 22mm all the way from the meter to the boiler?

Andy :?:

But how patronising are you? You know nothing about me. And because I ask a simple question you automatically think I haven't the ability to install a boiler.

To be honest I think plumbers (or whatever you are called) try to mystify their trade and belittle intelligent people for doing what is a very simple job (i.e. installing a boiler).

If you want to help people then continue to post on this forum, if you want to patronise them then don't bother....simple.

Anyway, thanks again.

I find the above to be the typical rant of a clueless punter who to save a few quid would put life and property in danger.

All of us LEGAL, COMPETENT and REGISTERED gas fitters have spent a lot of money and time ensuring that we are able to do our jobs PROPERLY & SAFELY, We are subject to checks by the HSE and have to re-sit our exams every 5 years to prove we are continuing to remain competent and safe. Your comments show you to be an arrogant a55wipe.

You are no better than a driver without insurance speeding in a built up area whilst texting and over the drink drive limit at school chucking out time.

I hope your boiler install comes back to haunt you. I just hope no one is killed or injured as a result of your actions.

...I have installed the boiler and very well it went too, but I can't see how to run the mains cable into the boiler, as soon as I put the front case on it squashes the cable.

Your question is the equivalent of asking: "My brakes are worn and need replacing, where do I find the brakepads?"

Do yourself, and your family, and your neighbours, a favour, and get a pro to take over from here.

...BTW it was 22mm copper pipe to the gas, as it says in the installation instructions but I doubt very much whether you would have read them because as was quoted to me by a plumber friend 'We don't get time to read the manual!'

Why would you need to read the boiler manual for the gaspipe size? It is the Viper book, or the orange one that has the tables for that.
The boiler manual will only tell you the connection size, not the pipe size. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back