Vaillant AquaPlus_No Hot water, Fault Code F.24_Not Diverter

In the meantime increase the pressure to 1.5 bar cold. ( Though it probably is cold anyway! ).

I am disappointed your British CORGI is not bothering to come until tomorrow on such a cold night.

I only got back home from fixing boilers at 2330 tonight!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Can't believe you work that late!

Have cancelled British Corgi, Vaillant coming Saturday, will put you all out of misery and let you know what problem is, thanks for all your help. Do you think it could be the pump? Would I still get central heating, even though have no hot water?

Puzzled

Emma

Emma, I have never suggested that the pump on your boiler is either faulty or blocked. Its unlikely to be faulty but could certainly be blocked.

I am not of the opinion that your installer, as we have called him, but now apparently the power flusher, has any significant diagnostic skills. Even one sensible sounding installer I spoke to today did not know how to measure resistances with a meter! Thats the mainstay of fault finding on boilers or other electronic equipment. Thermal surveys also are important with your kind of fault and your man has not apparently done this, perhaps because he does not have the equipment

There do seem to be several issues with your boiler and all of them could be as a result of dirt. Just because anything is only 2.5 years old means nothing. Even if its been "powerflushed" I have seen many systems which have allegedly been powerflushed but are still dirty or blocked.

Please find out exactly what the cause is an let us know.

The Vaillant engineer has a better chance of identifying the fault but even so he might not succeed. Whatever it is it would not surprise me if its as a result of dirt.

Best of luck.

Tony

Evening Tony,

Didn't mean you suggested that my fault was the pump, I just read something you put on someone elses post (a couple of years ago) re: the same fault code.

I will definately let you know what 'the problem' is (should I find out that is!), like I said engineer coming out on Saturday, no idea what time though.

Many thanks for all your advice, hopefully I/we'll get to the bottom of this soon. Will be in touch.

Emma

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,

Well... Vaillant Engineer came out on Saturday afternoon, I mentioned the problem, and told him which parts had been replaced. He came back in said the water was working and that he'd replaced the Diverter Valve (which had been replaced a few weeks ago), I told him it had been replaced twice already in 6 months and water still kept losing heat. He said if "He'd replaced it, it would be fine", OK we'll see…

... So, Sunday I had a a shower and every 2-3 mins I had to keep turning the thermostat up as was losing heat.

... Yesterday, I ran a bath, I had to turn the tap off half way through as water lost heat. After ten mins, I ran the tap again, water scoulding hot for first minute or so, then you can keep your hand underneath it, when bath finished running, it was at the right temperature to get in, without having to run the cold tap.

Why is it that when water loses heat, it also loses pressure??

Put the heating on at same time as bath running, it took forever to come on, this is driving me nuts now!

So... Vaillant engineer on return call tomorrow.

Keep you posted.

Emma

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back