Vaillant - AuroStor -twin coil unvented cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a Potterton performa 28i supplying all HW. I am adding a forth bedroom with ensuite shower room. I would like the option to run two showers simultaneously and for both showers to have a similar pressure to what we experience today from the combi. Can this be achieved by using the AuroStor or would I have to add pumps and a separate cold water store also?
I am looking at the Aurostor as I would like to add a solar panel also.

Sponsored Links
Unvented will give you greater pressure at your hot outlets than any Combi, so if you are getting good performances from your Hot water supply now, your unvented will give you Hot water at mains pressure.(Hot water, same as cold water pressure).

Thanks Bamber - I see you like university challenge!!

I think I may get some quotes - Do you know if you can install the cylinder first and fit the solar panel and pipes at a later date?

tukky142 said:
Thanks Bamber - I see you like university challenge!!

You must be as old as me ;) I must confess that I am not up on Solar Heating as yet. As far as I can see there is a flow pipe to your Solar panels, which is then heated by solar energy & then a return pipe to your cylinder, heating your hot water/heating. Basically.

I would imagine you would need a different cylinder but I don`t think it would change the overall setup regarding your radiators etc.

Sponsored Links
the solar pack can be added at anytime to the aurostor twin coil cylinder, however the cylinder should be sized to allow for this. Rule of thumb 35-50litres of stored hot per person and then 50% added to total for solar heating.

Solar will use the bottom coil of the cylinder and Ch the top coil, but if using just CH for the time being it would be advisable to pipe up through both coils until solar added at later date.

The aurostor comes with all the sensor pockets already in place for vaillants solar packs.

Lee

Check whether you will be allowed to purchase Aurostor yourself, as all Vaillant solar products are only available for purchase by installers who have passed the Vaillant Solar/BPEC traing course ;)

Thats what i originally got told, however its never the case you have the cash the merchants will sell.

I installed and commisioned one for a plumber who doesnt hold the qualification. He bought the bits direct from vaillant through his boiler rep , vaillant then gave my number for commisioning if he got stuck.

Remeber vaillant solar is braze or compression, no lead or lead free. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back