Vaillant Bar Pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a Vaillant Eco28 boiler installed just over a month ago; all well until the last 6 days.

The bar pressure keeps dropping and I'm constantly having to top it to 1.2/1.5 (almost every other day)

Can anyone suggest what seems to be the problem and why the pressure is falling?

Thanks in advanced

Sheraz

Sponsored Links
Checked and everything seems fine, no water can be seen.

Went round all the radiators to see if there was any leak anywhere, again all seemed fine.

I suspect I may have a leak or a problem with the boiler - how can I find out for sure what/where the problem is?

Thanks

Did you check when the system was hot?
How far does the pressure rise when the system is running?

(An expansion vessel fault could mean water leaking from the PRV only when the system is hot)

Sponsored Links
I checked this when the CH was running and could not find any leak anywhere (checked the out PRV too)

I topped the boiler to about 1.4/1.5 bar and when the CH running it was running at 2.5/2.6 bar

Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back