vaillant ecotech plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering, got a new boiler installed feb this year. I think initially it was about 1.5 bar pressure, now its about 1.2

Anyway the hot water is working well. Whent the shower goes on though the pressure drops into almost the red area (ie too low) and then comes back to 1.2 after that when nothing on.

It makes an occasional clicking noise too.

Anyway can't work out how to increase the pressure, the manual is a bit unclear (maybe just to me)

Also is clicking sound (occurring once every 10 seconds or so, but not regularly) indicative of anything.

Finally does a 0.3 bar drop over 3 months suggest we might have a leak somewhere - nothing I can see

Thanks in advance for an thoughts you might have.

Sponsored Links
Look for two grey handled valves under the boiler. These are for the filling loop.
Looking at the guage on these is not toatlly accurate.
Press i on the panel and then the - button, to get a the true pressure reading.

Graham

Repressurise with the rads cold.

Check pressure with rads cold.

Then its consistent.

That pressure loss over a few months is pretty normal.

Tony

Sponsored Links
the gauges are actually mis calibrated I consider, the needle needs to be at about 9.00 o'clock.. the boiler won't fire if there is too little water in it so I would not fret...

1.2 bar is fine...it will fluctuate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back