vaillant blowing my fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all, my vaillant turbomax plus 824e is really confusing me. i shouldn't be messing around with it but the bloody thing keeps blowing the glass fuse on the right hand side of the pcb as you look down on it. Can anyone help??????????? Cheers! :(

Sponsored Links
How far does the boiler get in its start up cycle before fuse blows? I would suspect pump or fan initially ;)

Hi Dave, it blows the fuse as soon as it tries to power up. I have wired the pump up to a 3 amp plug top fuse and that seems to work fine, i have also gone through a prosses of elimination by unplugging all componants and powering up the unit. it doesn't blow the fuse unless the secondery heat exchange unit is plugged in, is there a thermostat or something in there and could this be the problem?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my first question.

Dave s.

Sponsored Links
sorry, do you mean what bit is the secondary heat exchange? if so its the oblong part just to the left of the pump with 4 pipes coming from it and the top left hand pipe has the flow limiter valve on it.

cheers Dave s.

Do you mean an electrical connection to a DHW ntc/thermistor? If so sounds like it is this. Any water leaks around this? Hard to understand your description of plugging in the secondary heat exchanger :confused:

Sorry, i know my discriptions are rubbish. I dont know much about these things, it sounds like its what you said. its an electrical connection coming from the pcb to the front of the component i discribed. there are no water leaks. :oops:

For how little they cost I would replace this ntc as a starting point and take it from there. Also check that wires to this are not perished and 'shorting out' somewhere ;)

do you mean what bit is the secondary heat exchange?
No I don't. I think I knew what they are before I'd answered the first 11 posts... ;)

Heat exchangers don't plug in.

If you suspect the temperature sensor, simply unlug that :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back