Vaillant boiler code S7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
free flow system vaillant boiler is displaying a code meaning pump over run could anyone tell me how to fix it plz

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Tank in the loft boiler downstairs not a combi

Sponsored Links
Hi I've got a free flow system the heating won't come on and the boiler attempts to fire up it says code s. 7 anyone know how I can fix this please

Yes it fires up and starts rising cuts out at around 70

It's a free flow system with a vaillant ecotec plus boiler (condenser) it displays an error code s. 7 which means pump over run

Yeah gravity fed not a combi the tank is in the loft, don't know what s plan or y plan means

you have an open vented system not a free flow as you call it and s codes are not fault codes they are simply telling you what the boiler is doing

S7 just means the pump is still running for a few extra minutes after the boiler has finished firing to carry off the heat from the boiler.

Does it get to 70 in a very short time and what sort of motorised valves are in the system?

Some of these

or one of these

That's all it says it tries to heat up and cuts out at 70-80 in a short time the valve still works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back