vaillant boiler hot water problem

Ok I'm understanding a bit more now. The temp dial seized many moons ago in what looks like the max hot position so I'll get a whole new valve as opposed to just replacing the diaphragm. Would the valve come with the cam/ pushrod or is this separate ? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Ur the only one confusing him spraggo :eek:
no the water valve comes with washers etc but not the coupling piston this only comes with the servo u don't need that,just clean the crap off the pin. And grease put the adjustment as it was an leave it ,the screw to remove the water valve may b impossible to get out if it has seized order the support 086462 they don't cost much an make job much easier

Ur the only one confusing him spraggo :eek:
no the water valve comes with washers etc but not the coupling piston this only comes with the servo u don't need that,just clean the crap off the pin. And grease put the adjustment as it was an leave it ,the screw to remove the water valve may b impossible to get out if it has seized order the support 086462 they don't cost much an make job much easier

So we both agree then. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Ok guys one last bit of advice if you can help. Just got the new valve but awaiting plumber. I have ordered the right valve 011299 but it's slightly different. On my original valve there is a small copper pipe coming off the right hand side just above a water connection. This pipe goes to a small sphere with a schraeder valve on below the ch pump on the right hand side of the boiler . Air reservoir to set diaphragm pressure? Have I got the wrong valve or will this sphere become obsolete when the new valve is fitted? I bought servo too cos plunger and cam are well worn and crappy. This bit looks spot on as dies the support bracket. Any ideas?

Yes it's the right valve just don't connect the 4mm pipe from the expansion vessel it's not needed ,don't bother removing the exp vessel just leave it there,it is screwed to the divertor valve an if you remove the screw to take it off that might leak as well

Plumbers not interested so did it myself. Didn't have to disturb servo/gas so job done, happy days, valve has twice as much lift= loads of hot water , cuts in at lower pressure, and switches between water and ch properly! Wife had 30 min shower- just because she could! I had drama with ch though- one rad not hot for a while now so while I was at it gave it a go. Removed, flushed and refitted- made it worse! Both pipes have pressure! Not sure which way it flows? If I close either side and bleed from top I get hot in but when I open the other it just goes cold again. Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back